All things M1GO and the Beauty of Monsters

All things M1GO and the Beauty of Monsters

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

M1GO x BEAMS Kaiju No Tamago

Sunday was a day of smiles and tears. My wife woke me up to tell me that there would be a drawing at Beams for the tamago release that day so I cancelled going to see District 9 even though I had already pre-paid for my ticket. She new it was the one thing I wanted to do during Golden Week and the night before I was leaning toward not taking the hour and half trip to Beams as I heard the only prize was going to be t-shirts, but this news changed that plan real quick. I had sold off some stuff to pay for the eggs so I had a little extra money so what the hell, 1800 yen for the movie tickets was worth the sacrifice for M1GO toys. Off to the train station I went!

90 minutes later and trying to dodge all the tourists and 12 year olds on Takeshitadori I arrived at Beams 20 minutes before opening. A friend of mine was parked out front when I got there so we talked about how the flea markets here are a waste of time now and what M1GO stuff we wanted. There was only about 10 other people waiting and some of them were just regular shoppers, I was a little surprised but it wasnt a super limited to 10 only release so no big rush. Just the M1GO nuts were there that early. So this is getting too long and sorry to bore you, I will cut to the chase. Bought the maximum 2 of each egg, went over to the drawing table and took a ticket for each item bought, so I got 12 tickets. 7 loosers! But I won 4 t-shirts and a small pink Tokyo Tower. My friend bought one egg and got a loser ticket, I gave him a t-shirt. I talked with the Beams guy for a while as all the usual suspects got thiers too and watched as they won the standards and giant size kaiju. Oh well, what ya gonna do? So I bought a few more after getting in line again and got 4 more losers outta 5 while the guy behind me got 3 for 3 and walked away with 2 Chibull and something else good I dont remember. So I went home thinking I will try YJA for a Chibull and how I am stoked for the next Beams collab! I couldnt be sad, any M1GO day is a great day!

Epilogue: I gave all the other shirts away too and kept one and thats covered in cat hair now. And my wife asked the theater if I could still use the ticket so I went later that night to see a pretty awesome movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment